Monday, November 12, 2012

Art Journaling - Heritage Style

For the last month or two I've been seeing "art journaling" layouts and kits and I've been wanting to give this style a try. Since often times art journal pages have no photographs and I have no photos of my "distant" ancestors, it occurred to me that an art journaling style of scrapbook page might fit really well with genealogy/family history scrapbooking. So I spent some time (too much time LOL) the last couple weeks, trying to learn more about creating a "painterly" feel to my background pages. And the timing couldn't have been better since I was inspired by Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Challenge and an email received the day before from a distant cousin to write a blog post about Anna Maria Reinert - a 4th great-grandmother of mine.

I shared the resulting page on my genealogy blog and am posting it here as well. I am working on an art journaling pack/kit to use to create additional, coordinating pages.


No comments:

Post a Comment